Followers

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

that one day

i. it's five o'clock,
the sun is still up,
the birds are awake
to me, they
create as i do, in a
certain light.

ii. all in a day's time,
i see several crows. one is cawing
on a telephone wire, while i capture it
on my cell phone cam. it's for you,
she says, and she takes me to a mask shop
on belmont, and after passing a mural where
a blackbird peeks through a window,
we come to a mask shop, the belfry,
and a raven mask, with black beak and real feathers, glossy.
the dark shop, closed in the night, and a glare on the window from the street light above, and she says, i would never wear that, it's too scary or powerful, and i reflect on that same spot, on that wire, where that black bird cawed at me, and i tell her about it, because i lost my cell phone.

No comments: